Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happy Mirthday to me!

Today is my Birthday! I am 63!! How did that happen? That is amazing! It's not really so bad, but time is going by fast. I remember when my mother was about 41. I don't remember when she was 63. I think I thought she was old. I know that's not nice of me to say, but...sometimes I'm just not nice. Really.

I am a pretty outspoken person, direct, I think they call it. Honest, some people think. I think. People usually know where they stand with me and I like that. People that like me like that about me, too. I don't believe in telling people things about them that aren't true, in my opinion. I hear some women telling other women something nice. Then, it turns out later, they didn't really mean that. I don't like that.

We, us women, need to tell each other the truth, I think. That's one of the benefits of getting older.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy, happy birthday! I agree that women need more honesty between one another. I think our dishonesty often holds us back. That's why I try not to get offended by other people's opinions. If I have a problem with something, then usually that's because I'm afraid there's some truth to what they're saying that I don't want to admit to myself. So being offended is always worth checking out. Those are usually the places where we have issues.

Have a great day!

Sassy63 said...

Oh Melissa, you are such a delightful woman!! So honest! I love the way you tell your truth in your blog, too!!