Monday, October 17, 2005

6 Days Smoke Free!!

The hypnosis is working! I haven't smoked since Tuesday at 9:30 AM. I'm proud of myself and I doubt if I would have stuck to it so well if I didn't absolutely have to because of the upcoming surgery.

My mind is such a Crafty Little Sucker!! It has gone through my mind to go have a "ciggy"--that's my little friend's name. My deadly friend. I can't let myself get too cozy with him. Why a him? I don't know, just seems to be the right word.

The first few days, maybe four, I felt pretty good, light and airy. Delighted with myself. Not that I didn't have the Urge. I did, but I managed it, using the tapping method Gregg, the hypnotherapist taught me. But yesterday and today, I have felt that blah feeling about life without cigarettes. I think I'll go back to the hypnotist. I don't really trust myself. Actually, I doubt if I will smoke again, at least until after the surgery. But I know I will make myself miserable.

And I hate it that I wrote I might smoke again after the surgery!! I do need that hypnosis again!!

The main thing, other than blah, that I notice is how much more I am smelling things! I remember one other time I quit, I notice more pleasant smells like perfume. This time, for some reason, I notice unpleasant smells. Well, just that everything smells more intensely.

It's been cloudy and rainy here in San Diego and that has probably contributed to my blah feeling. My partner, Jack, is doing much better than I expected at quitting smoking. He has about 2 cigs a day, down from a pack a day. He promises he will quit completely or get help to stop. We have been a little snappy, but not too bad, really. We have been worse in the past when we tried to quit smoking.

No comments: