Friday, October 14, 2005

72+ Hours of being Smoke Free!!

I am smoke free!! I am smoke free!! I am smoke free!! And I feel really good--freer, lighter. Maybe tomorrow I'll take myself for a walk. I felt like doing that today. I didn't do it, but felt like it, and eventually I'll get there.

There has been a few rough spots, but it hasn't been bad. Jack is doing fairly well, only one or 2 a day--that's after smoking a pack a day.

we are both slightly irritable with each other--much more that we ever would be if we weren't stopping smoking. And as a consequence, we are much more careful with each other. We're like two puppies coated with quilles, afraid we will hurt the other just by turning around. and of course, the other is afraid to accidently run into one of my quills.

But we are getting better at it. Tonight we had a "normal" feeling evening, we were kind and loving, our usual loving selves.

Haven't you ever struggled with stopping smoking, or at least some other drug? Share you experiences with us!

No comments: